"Naturally Fantastic" Call For Art
Time & Location
About the Event
Artists are invited to submit artwork for our Smitkit's themed show, "Naturally Fantastic". We ask that you submit any artwork that reflects or is inspired by the magic of nature. Work will be selected and artists will be notified August 17, 2020.
This will be a virtual exhibit hosted on the Smitkit Studio website by August 21, 2020. Artists must be available to drop artwork off at the studio, 1 Public Square, Suite 22, Watertown NY for the duration of the show. Smitkit Studio manages all sales, giving artists a commission of 70% while the studio retains 30%. Submission criteria:
- artwork submitted must have been produced within the last three years;
- entry cost is $10 for the first submission, $5 per each additional piece submitted. Paypal, Credit/Debit, and Cash accepted;
- each entrant may submit 1-5 pieces to be judged;
- entrance in the show is not guaranteed, however we will do our best to include everyone for at least one submission;
- 3-dimensional work is accepted if it can be displayed in a shadowbox - artist must supply shadowbox;
- must be ready to hang/display ;
- artists must include high resolution photos of work, Title of Work, Year Produced, Media, Dimensions, Artists's Name, price including commission;
- artists strongly urged to have their work for sale - listed price should include 70% for the artist and 30% commission for Smitkit Studio;
- Saturday, Aug. 15: deadline for artists to submit work on-line
- Monday, Aug. 17: artists notified about accepted work
- Wednesday, Aug. 19 and Thursday, Aug. 20 between 1pm and 4 PM: artists drop off accepted artwork to Smitkit Studio in Watertown
- Saturday, Aug. 21: website will be live and exhibit will be viewable to the public by appointment.
- Wednesday, Sept. 23 & Thursday, Sept. 24 between 1pm and 4 PM: artists pick up work at Smitkit Studio; buyers pick up and pay for sold work
- Monday, Sept. 28 commissions will be available to artists whose work sold
Email submissions to email@example.com
Paypal, Cash, Credit/Debit accepted for submission fees.